Open Access to the Research Data Facility (RDF)
EPSRC recognises the need for researchers to be able to store active computational data and to be able to use this data for further scientific benefit. Further to this, EPSRC currently has two calls open for applications to access storage on the national Research Data Facility (RDF), one for researchers within the remit of EPSRC and the other for researchers in other researchers outwith the EPSRC remit (excluding NERC).
EPSRC envisage that the RDF will be used to:
- Enable further analysis of computational research and experimental data.
- Allow storage so that further publication of data can be achieved.
- Allow storage of data that is valuable to a project community e.g. a reference data set.
Further information on RDF can be found at the Research Data Facility website.
Further information on the two calls can be found on the EPSRC website:
- Technical Assessment: submitted to RDF Helpdesk by 29 Jan 2016
- Call Closing Date: Applications submitted by 12 Feb 2016
- Panel Meets: March 2016
- Earliest project start: March - April 2016
- Latest project start: April 2016