Call for ARCHER Leadership Projects
Are you using large amounts of high performance compute resource for your research in an academic or non-academic setting? This could be for you!
The Leadership Project Call provides a new opportunity for access to the national supercomputer ARCHER for computationally intensive projects (>100,000 kAU) from academic and non-academic users in EPSRC and NERC remit:
Eligible projects include:
- Leadership calculations that push the boundaries of scientific HPC, for example whole systems approaches, multi-scale modelling, etc.
- Calculations that require a large number of processing cores (1,500 - 118,080 cores)
- High-risk, high-reward projects that rely heavily on high performance compute resource and have significant potential for large future impact.
- Substantial computational projects by experienced teams that need large compute resources, but do not rely on additional support by EPSRC or NERC.
- Pre-competitive computational production runs by non-academic research groups within sectors related to the remits of the ARCHER partner research councils.