ARCHER Image Competition 2016
Share your images to support excellence and promote the contribution of
ARCHER to outstanding research.
The winner of the competition will be awarded £250.
The winning image, along with a selection of other entries, will also be featured on the ARCHER website and in EPCC and ARCHER publications. Credit will be given to the entrant in all cases.
- Competition Opens: 19 September 2016
- Submission Deadline: Extended to 25 October 2016
- Judging: November 2016
- Prize: £250
What are we looking for?
The ARCHER Image Competition is an event for all users of ARCHER to share their images of "ARCHER Enabling Research"
We are looking for images that will demonstrate the contribution of ARCHER to research.
Images might include (but are not limited to):
- images generated from calculations that used ARCHER
- photographs of equipment and/or researchers working on projects which use ARCHER for computation
- images generated from data processed using ARCHER
- images demonstrating the contribution of ARCHER to research
Some of the entries from 2015:
- Please include a caption for the image and submit a jargon-free extended caption (maximum 150 words) putting the use of ARCHER into context. The caption must be comprehensible to the lay reader and will be taken into consideration by the judges when making their decision.
- A maximum of five images per person can be submitted. Images should be a minimum of 5MB and maximum of 25MB and in a digital format a minimum of 300dpi (for example jpg). Winners will be required to submit their winning image in a high-resolution format. Images can be downsized for submission but winners will be required to provide a high-resolution version of their submitted image. Images that are nominated for a prize in any other major photo competition are not eligible.
- Please read our terms and conditions before entering.
Submission deadline: Extended to Midnight, Tuesday 25th October 2016
Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
By entering this competition you are deemed to accept these competition rules and the terms and conditions.
Winner will be chosen and announced in November 2016.
Judges will be from chosen from members of ARCHER CSE team, ARCHER users and other invited contributors.