Best Use of ARCHER Award : terms and conditions
- The promoter of the Best Use of ARCHER Award is the ARCHER CSE Team.
- The competition is open to current ARCHER users who are PostDoctoral or PostGraduate students - please see https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/skills/fellows/peerreviewprocess/whocanapply/ for EPSRC definition of PostDoctoral .
- All entrants are required to provide their ARCHER username for validation purposes.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- The competition opens on 30th March 2017. The closing date is midnight on 18th May 2017. The ARCHER CSE Team reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition if necessary.
- The total prize fund is £30,000 which will be awarded as ten prizes of £3,000 each.
- Entries will be judged on the extent to which the "Best use of ARCHER" is demonstrated
and the ability to convey this.
Judges appointed by ARCHER CSE Team will nominate the winning entries and their decision is final.
- Entries should be submitted electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by completing the Best Use of ARCHER - entry form.
- Entrants may submit only one entry each.
- All entries must demonstrate "Best Use of ARCHER".
- Winner will be chosen and announced in June 2017 and prizes will be awarded thereafter. Winners will be contacted directly by email.
- The prize fund may be used for travel by individuals or groups so that they may continue or expand the project described. It may be used for outward travel by UK-based groups, or support the inward travel of USA-based expertise, subject to the T&S policy of the host organisation.
- It must not be used to support travel costs of individuals from private companies or organisations. It must not be used to purchase hardware (including laptops, computer consumables or computer equipment such as expansion boards, network cards or other peripherals).
- Any individual awarded travel funding will be subject to visa and immigration requirements of the USA and will need to make appropriate arrangements or preparations in advance of travel.
- Winning entrants will be required to supply a follow-up report on their collaboration.
- Submissions by disc are not permitted.
- Submissions that, in the sole discretion of the judges, are considered inappropriate or unsuitable for publication will be deemed ineligible and removed from the competition.
- The ARCHER CSE Team reserves the right to use all submitted materials, including those not chosen to win prizes, in promotional materials without further permission from, or providing payment for use to, the entrant. Credit will be given to the entrant if reproduced. Entrant will retain copyright.
- By entering this competition, if your entry is deemed eligible, you consent to the use of your name, biographical information, winning entry and any statements attributed to you, or photographs of you taken subsequently, being used for promotional purposes without additional compensation to you. As such, you hereby grant to the ARCHER CSE Team a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce works based on your submission without any obligation to compensate you.
- The ARCHER CSE Team does not accept any liability for lost, damaged, delayed or incomplete entries.
- You represent and warrant to ARCHER CSE Team that you (or your team) are the sole and exclusive owner of your submission, or that you have all right and authority to grant the rights in the submission to ARCHER CSE Team described herein;
- By entering, entrants agree for their submission including any images to be publicly displayed in online photo galleries and web pages.
- The judges are subject to change without notice at the sole discretion of ARCHER CSE Team.
- Winning entries may be used in national coverage, and press may wish to contact winners following announcement of the winners.
- Entrant retains copyright of the submitted work but will be required to check with ARCHER CSE Team before using the work verbatim elsewhere to avoid conflicts of interest.